Thursday, September 23, 2010

Taking some time

Well, I took some time away from the blog in the hopes that I might come back rejuvenated. In the time that I was away, we managed to stay away from the credit cards, use cash only or debit for everything, increase our monthly contribution to our car payment (paying an extra 50% more than what is required), and pay off 60% of the amount due on our remaining loan. I'm excited that we're finally getting somewhere with our payments. I've noticed a big difference in my spending habits as well. It seems my husband is still somewhat adjusting to living life on cash, but as time goes on I think he is slowly coming around. The benefits are currently immeasurable. Not only have we learned how to better handle our finances, but we are staying debt-free which is in and of itself the biggest benefit to this whole experiment. We've managed to also create a savings account for Junior that we hope to increase once I go back to work.

These are all of the updates I have for now. I will keep you posted as time goes on. For now, I hope you guys are trying to save a few pennies here and there. I can promise you won't regret it. Anybody have anything they would like to share? I would love to hear your experiences.



No comments:

Post a Comment